You can turn a wooden spoon into the loveliest gift, all you need to do is alter a spoon or a spatula into a wall hook, by adding a few very simple elements.
I bought these spoons a while ago from the dollar store, and I have been thinking of ways to alter them. Today I decided to turn one of them (not in the pic) into a wall hanger.
- To paint the handle: White acrylic color (as base) + Light pink acrylic color + brush and some water
- To hang the spoon: Wire, pink beads, pliers.
- To embellish the handle: Sequin (pearly white) – I actually added the sequins after taking these photos :P
- A hook to work into the wood. To guise the hook I used wire and white pearly beads
- I decoupaged an old glass slide with some old book-page paper. Once dry, I attached it with E6000 to the spoon.
You can do all sorts of things and come up with the “look” of your desire. This is a vintage shabby chic look, but you can also go for a more boyish look, or something more suited for the kitchen, with bolder colors.