The lovely Jana from Me and My Veritas has nominated Yaansoon for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award.’ Hop over to Jana’s blog post in this link to discover all the other lovely blogs she’s included in her nomination.
A big ‘Thank You’ to Jana for such a nice gesture and we’re really happy we had the chance to discover her blog a while back. Her work with Natural Toys, as seen in this link listing her lovely kids projects, has been a great inspiration to us. When we were first introduced to Me and My Veritas we were so pleased to meet a like-minded blogger on WordPress who has been creating such unique Eco-toys for children! It’s also really nice to see how we share similar values; love for nature, recycling, and creative use of natural materials.
As part of Yaansoon’s diverse handcraft collections, we have been creating Eco-jewelry using broken tree branches, pine cones, and pebbles. You can check out our “Recycling Nature” project over here at our website and in these posts (just click the photos below).
What is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award?
The ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers. It recognizes bloggers who work hard to keep the blogosphere a beautiful place. As in many blogger awards that go viral, it’s hard to identify the origin of the award, so we will go with the rules Jana has provided on her blog:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
7 Hidden Facts about Yaansoon:
Gladly, we ran a ‘Meet the Makers‘ post a few days ago which pretty much shares more than just 7 hidden facts about us! But why not add a few more fun facts:
- Our favorite quote is by love poet Jelalluddin Rumi, and it says: “Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open.” This line is from one of his spiritual love poems, and it has really helped us make bold decisions in our creative journey.
- From our work you can tell we really love recycling. At our atelier, we have all these recycled products that fill out the shelves and boxes. At one point in time we had to make the (difficult) decision of throwing out a huge stash of recycling materials, because it was starting to take over our space.
- We are self-taught. We spent years working on our skills, attending workshops both offline and online in a bid to really take Yaansoon to the next level. We think life is an ongoing journey of learning and self-improvement, which explains our diverse portfolio.
Now to the nominations we would like to make. Here is a list of some of the inspiring bloggers we have had the fortune of meeting over the blogosphere:
- Alice from Hello Pomelo
- The Guy from Flight And Frustration
- M from Sleepy Coffee and Fables
- Heather from Crayon Box Chronicles
- Anna from Somnisfetsama
- Janna from Me and My Veritas (who first nominated us, but we think should be on this list)
The bloggers in this list are creatives who love to indulge in either travel, art, or handcrafts (things that we love and share with all of them). Some of these blogs haven’t been updated in a while; so no pressure, you don’t have to write a post to follow through with the award if you don’t feel like it :)
Hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for stopping by!